- Over 50,000 Jan Braai books sold – from South Africa to the USA
and Czech Republic!
- Jan Braai is a South African phenomenon – he started Braai Day in
- Extensive national coverage leading up to National Braai Day on 24
- Jan Braai TV series on Kyknet, 2014 season about to begin (26
episodes from July).
- Top 3 Braai books in the world – Gourmand Awards 2014.
- Over 20,000 followers on Twitter, 30,000 on Facebook.
At last! Jan Braai’s first book Fireworks is available in softcover!
If anyone knows how to braai, it is Jan. He has braaied with thousands
of South Africans, almost every day since the launch of National Braai
Day. And he knows what people want to know about braaing.
This is more than a recipe book – it is an instruction manual for
braaing – from steak, to the perfect braaied chicken and lamb chops.
For the adventurous you could try rack of lamb or lamb on a spit!
South Africa celebrates National Braai Day on 24 September every
year. A day for all the citizens of South Africa to unite around braai
fires with family and friends. The driving force behind this initiative is a
man known as Jan Braai.